Mid-20th Century Israeli Tin Charity Box by Alfred Zaltsman
Yellow tin charity box, Jerusalem, Israel, circa 1950. Inscribed in Hebrew in the front: "Charity center- THE SAVER, named after Rabbi Moshe Yehoshua Eizenbach Z"l, in the Holy city Jerusalem. Both sides inscribed in Hebrew with the purpose of the loans. This box was designed and signed by Alfred Zaltsman from Jerusalem who was a teacher at the Bezalel school of arts in Palestine.