Mid-20th Century American Silver Covered Passover Goblet by Ludwig Wolpert
Large Ludwig Wolpert sterling silver Passover goblet, New York, circa 1955. In modern form, having pierced letters across bottom in Hebrew "Eliyahu Hanavi" and "Borei Pri Hagafen" spelled out in midsection. Marked on the bottom "Sterling Wolpert"
Ludwig Yehuda Wolpert studied sculpture and metalwork at the School of Arts & Crafts in Frankfurt-am-Main. He emigrated to Israel in 1933 w he became Professor of Metalwork at the New Bezalel School of Arts & Crafts in Jerusalem. In 1938 he earned international attention when his Bauhaus designs were exhibited at the worldâe(tm)s fair in the U.S. In 1956 Wolpert established the Toby Pascher Workshop at the Jewish Museum w he remained for 25 years, teaching and designing splendid ceremonial objects.