Painted blue and white tin charity box, circa 1925. Decorated with a Star of David and the map of Israel in Hebrew on one side, and KKL for Keren Kayemet Yisrael, spelled out in Hebrew, on the other side with a handle for collecting. Marked on the side in English and Hebrew "Made in Erez Israel".
The Jewish National Fund (JNF) used charity box from the early 1900s to raise money for the purchase of land for the Jewish people. Jews from around the world collected spare change in boxes like this to help build a homeland for their people. The JNF’s signature ‘Blue Box’ became a symbol of Zionism throughout Jewish communities worldwide.